Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5/29/12- Jeff The Brotherhood- Shredder, Diamond Way, Shredder, Bone Jam

The wife and I went to see Best Coast Sunday night and yes they played a nice tight set and sounded great live, but for me these guys stole the show. They had energy and personality, as well as a huge sound that somehow came out of 3 strings and a drum kit (the 3 string guitar was a big plus for me). Their songs have a really fresh quality but also refer to various groups- Blue Album Weezer, The Ramones, Smashing Pumpkins, Wooden Shjips, Fu Manchu, on and on. I was really surprised to see that they have done a Tiny Desk Concert because NPR doesn't often invite these types of groups in, so it's cool to see them in a more personal way. I think I'd really enjoy hanging out with them, but at the very least I get to enjoy listening to them. Killer new find.

No comments:

Post a Comment